Amical Veterinary Centre (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is Amical’s Policy that we will hold your personal information in order to identify you and your pet for the purpose of medical treatment, advice and care at this practice. We collect your personal information from you at the point you register with this practice and we will at regular intervals confirm that this information is correct. The information we will collect is: your name, home address and postcode, contact telephone numbers, other address (e.g. emergency contact/carer/partner if requested), insurance information and email address.
We will not share your personal information without your consent.
We will presume your consent has been given if you have:
· Given permission for your pet to be referred to a specialist either as a medical case or as an x-ray appraisal.
· If you have agreed for external tests to be run as your personal information will be shared with our external laboratory service providers ( i.e Idexx / Weybridge.) This is for the purpose of correctly identifying the patient and the laboratories will use the information solely for this purpose.
· Filled out and signed microchipping paperwork, this information will then be shared with a microchip database in order to register the microchip.
· Filled out Petplan 4week free insurance induction paperwork, this information with then is shared with Petplan insurance in order to process this cover.
· Filled out insurance paperwork as this will then be shared with your insurance company.
· Requested individual cremation of your pet as we would need to share minimal information with Norfolk Pet Crematorium – mainly your name only.
· If previous history for your pet is requested by a third party by a veterinary centre or a rehoming centre for example, it is practice policy to call you and obtain verbal permission for this to happen as your personal information is attached to these records.
For Safety and Security purposes we will use the information we hold about you to verify your account and animal records that you hold with us for the purpose of booking appointments, vaccination reminders and other communications in strict relation to the services we offer.
To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights, where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and interests of others, we will use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit functions and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of this business.
Examples may include: debt recovery services and emergency services.
With your consent we use information about you, where you have given permission for us to do so, for a specific purpose not listed above. For example we may publish testimonials or feature customer stories on our
Facebook page with your permission. You have the right to request anonymity if you would like your pet’s story told without being identified.
For our records, we will keep your personal data for the following terms-
· Electronic records will be kept indefinitely.
· Paper records- including consent forms – 7 years.
· X-rays – 7 years.
· Accident book records – 7 years
· Insurance paper trails- 7 years.
For payment of goods and services, we do not store any credit card information electronically and all card slips are kept securely for our records and then destroyed.
An overview of your different rights
At any point whilst we are in possession of or processing your Personal Data, you have the following rights:
· Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you free of charge and within one month of your request.
· Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records but for legal purpose’s we cannot delete your records entirely.
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of your personal information.
· Right of portability – where you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. Portability is only possible when the processing is based on written or verbal consent from yourself.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, email marketing or SMS reminders.
· Right to judicial review: in the event that Amical refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
If you have concerns about how Amical is using or handling your personal information, please let us know immediately by putting your concerns into writing and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond promptly within a maximum of 30days.
Letters can be sent to:
Data Protection Officer,
Amical Veterinary Centre,
90 High Street,
Information we may collect from you for Logic Design our web designer:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.amicalveterinarycentre.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.